The Ins and Outs
The DIP Upsampler contains two precision clocks , at 48 and 96KHz, to match all DAC’s on the market.
It is this precision that allows your DAC to operate at higher accuracy.
Hence better sound.
The other features of the DIP Upsampler:
*higher output(boosted to 5 times higher)
* signal conditioning(jitter reduced)
*format change(from RCA to XLR; from opto to co-axial, etc)
*ground isolation(from hum and noise)
*precision clocks (as explained)
- This DIP 2496 is the best performing DIP for playing conventional CD’s.It also accepts 24/96 DVD digital audio and outputs signal that is compatible with most conventional or new generation D/A converters, with decoding capability from 16 to 24 bits, and outputs the same clock as the incoming clock.
- Connect as follows: DVD or CD Transport -------- DIP 2496 -------- D/A converter (any version)
- Use the Selector Switch to select either Opto or Co-axial(RCA) input.
- Your DVD transport may output various signal formats (CD, DVD, etc) If a new signal is fed into the DIP, sometimes it might be necessary to unplug
and plug back the AC input to the DIP box. This resets the entire operation.
- The digital signals are decoded and processed, and any jitter is suppressed through the
DIP. Its four major functions are:
- Signal Conditioning(precision clock output)
- Signal Boosting
- Signal Isolation(from In to Output)
- Format Change(from Opto to RCA,
from RCA to Balanced, etc)
- The DIP 2496 makes most D/A converters compatible with most CD/DVD players.
It outputs the same sampling clock as the signal source after re-clocking
from the transport, at much higher signal strength.
- The DIP 2496 offers two outputs: XLR and RCA. But only one should be used at a
- We recommend using a very short co-axial cable linking your transport to the DIP.
By virtue of the much stronger signal output, the DIP will drive 75 Ohm cables up to
100 ft., although for best signal integrity we recommend that the cable be no longer
than a few feet, and the MONARCHY DR-1 or DR-2 digital cable is highly
recommended for the ultimate in sound quality, due to the use of a solid core Teflon.
MONARCHY AUDIO also offers a very cost effective AV-1 cable, at a give-away Price.
- If your transport has an Opto output only, we strongly recommend you connect the
DIP to this source, but use the 75 Ohm RCA or the Balanced format to re-transmit
the signal to your D/A converter. If your D/A accepts Balanced Input, use Monarchy’s
DAB-1 XLR Cable to feed the signal to the DAC. This is preferred over RCA.
- The ground terminals of the DIP’s output is totally isolated from the ground
terminal of the DIP chassis. This output signal is coupled through a triple-shielded
transformer (a Faraday shield, a ferrite shield and a stainless steel shield) for
maximum isolation. Most hum and ground noise is thus isolated.